Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I could really go for some Todd Rundgren tonight!

For the first time in a few weeks, I'm going to a concert. This time, it's the Philly tandem of Todd Rundgren and Hall & Oates at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ. Now, I bought these tickets months ago because Tears for Fears were the original co-headliners with H & O. However, TFF dropped out and Todd replaced Roland & Curt on the bill, which was fine with me.

Todd (OK...he's actually from Upper Darby, PA...it's close enough to Philly) is one of my earliest musical heros and I consider songs like "Hello It's Me" and "I Saw the Light" from the classic 1972 "Something/Anything" LP as links between my childhood -- when I would hear the songs constantly on the radio -- and emotions I would feel later in life.

Hall & Oates? Well, I liked them back in the day, but not so much now. If they play "the hits," as my friend Katie likes to say, it will be fun. I don't want to hear an hour or so of stuff from their latest CD. Play "Rich Girl," "You Make My Dreams," and "Private Eyes" and I'll be happy.

Speaking of being happy, I would be if Todd could break out "Secret Society" tonight. I just love that song.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the concert??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home