Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Another first for me!

For two years, I attended Brick Township (NJ) High School at the same time as veteran National Hockey League center Jim Dowd. Even though Dowd played for the hated New Jersey Devils and helped them win the Stanley Cup in 1995, I have always rooted for him as a player since -- by all accounts -- he's a good guy...and I went to high school with him.

Well, since the NHL lockout ended, I hadn't heard if Dowd had signed with a new team (he played 20 games for the Hamburg Freezers in Germany during the lockout and played for the Montreal Canadiens during the most recent NHL season). So I Google "Jim Dowd" and see on his Wikipedia entry that he signed with the Atlanta Thrashers on August 5, 2005. I check the Thrashers' site and don't see him listed on the roster or in any recent news releases. I then did a Google News search and found an article from the Asbury Park Press saying Dowd signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.

I then took it upon myself to edit Jim Dowd's Wikipedia entry and replace "Atlanta Thrashers" with "Chicago Blackhawks." It was my first time editing a Wikipedia page...how fun!

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of Wikipedia entries, did you know that there is an Entry on Rider University? Wait a second - I think I put that up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home