Monday, August 21, 2006

I hate asking for money, but...

...I have officially registered for the 15th Annual Mercer County (NJ) Heart Walk and 5K Heart Run on Saturday, Sept. 16...as a runner.

Yeah...I never thought I'd be doing that either...but I am. It's for a good cause and, since I'm participating with my colleagues, I will be scoring brownie points at work.

But here's the deal...I need to raise some funds for this, so I could use your help. If you go to my Heart Run page, you can make a modest donation to the American Heart Association to support my endeavor...which would be awfully nice of you.

My personal goal is to raise $200, although I really didn't choose that. It was a default setting when I registered. I would love to raise $200 or more, but I'd settle for $100...that way, I can get the official Heart Walk t-shirt!

Here's an added incentive...should I raise the $100 t-shirt minimum and ironically drop dead of a heart attack during the Heart Run, my largest donor will get the shirt! If I survive? Well, I'll e-mail you a photo of me wearing the shirt.

Thank you in advance for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home