Sunday, October 16, 2005

Some musical items

Well, I haven't really spent a lot of time working on music lately so I decided to rectify that Saturday. While I didn't really accomplish much as far as new ideas are concerned, I did manage to record or redo some things.

Parting of the Ways (Version 2)

I remixed this reworking of the original "Parting of the Ways." I'm still not completely happy with it, but it's good enough for now.

"Untitled 10-15-05" (demo)

This is a musical idea that goes back close to two years now, but I never really did anything with it until now. I'm not sure if I'm all that into it, but I figured I should give it a chance. We'll see. It definitely still needs a lot of work...as well as lyrics.

"Will to Survive" (demo)

This is a song I wrote back around the mid-90s (actually, it was a third part of a song that sounded like something off an early 90s ELP record). I had recorded pretty much what you will hear some time ago, but I never got around to revisit it. I finally got back to it Saturday. I re-recorded the vocals and touched up the awkward end of the bridge (where it comes back into the chorus)...although it's still pretty messed up, it's much better than it was before (that's how bad it was). Obviously, this is also unfinished.

"Be My Number Two (Joe Jackson cover)"

I stumbled onto how to "sort of" play this Joe Jackson song the other day so I figured I would take a stab at recording my own version of it. I didn't spend too much time on it...just recorded some live -- and very sloppy -- playing and then vocals (I only did two takes and decided to move on). I don't like to put material online that isn't mine, but I'll take it down should I ever be asked to remove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home