Monday, October 10, 2005

Somehow, it has been a good day

This day shouldn't have been so good for me. After all, after sleeping for about 4 1/2 hours, I woke up at 3:42 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep until I stole another 20-25 minutes during the 6:15 a.m. - 7 :15 a.m. slot.

Needless to say, I'm tired.

However, the day got better when I discovered there is a low-power AM radio station in Lansdale, PA, (not too far outside of Philly) that broadcasts old-time radio shows 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The best thing about this station, WNAR-AM, is that it streams its broadcast over the Internet...so I was listening to Edgar Bergen's "The Charlie McCarthy Show" while I was at work this afternoon.

What's even better is that if I have another sleepless night Wednesday morning, I can fire up the computer at 4 a.m. and listen to my favorite radio show of all time..."The Shadow." If I miss it then, "The Shadow" also airs Saturday and Sunday nights at 10 p.m.

I haven't felt this geeky since "Doctor Who" came back to BBC television screens -- and, for those of us in the USA, to torrent download sites -- earlier this year.

And then the day got even better when I saw that the Phillies fired general manager Ed Wade after eight seasons in which they never made the playoffs. Now, I don't believe Wade was an awful GM. However, it was just time for him to go. The franchise needs to get new blood, new ideas. It was just time for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home