Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The office is a dangerous place today



As if the Phils' blowing a 5-2 lead in the eighth and losing to the freakin' Mets last night wasn't enough punishment, this morning I woke up and stubbed my right big toe on my dining room table, slicing a piece of nail off.

Now, fast forward a couple of hours and let's change scenes to my office...I get up from my desk and bang the same right foot into the side of my desk.

Hobbling and in pain again, I went over to my boss' door to talk to her about something. I went to lean my head against the inside of her door (it was propped open) and I wind up banging my head into the plastic end of a thumbtack holding up a pennant. I finished the conversation and went back to my desk, resuming my work.

Mike, our graphic design assistant who shares an office with me, then asks me which font I prefer for a piece on which he is working. I look up and he says, "Did you hit your head?"

I replied, "Yeah, is it bleeding?"

Of course, the answer was yes.

There was actually a fair amount of blood for such small and painless cut. I still don't know how the plastic end of a thumbtack did that much damage.

In any event, I now have a toe injury and a head wound, which you can see in the pictures.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that was coffee you were drinking??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home