Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Beach-y weekend


Well, I made it out to my ol' stomping grounds of Ocean County, N.J., this weekend and saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time this year (not including seeing it from a plane). Above is a picture taken from the boardwalk in Seaside Park, N.J., looking at Funtown Pier in Seaside Heights.

Prior to my stroll on the boardwalk, I got a haircut...but that didn't come easy. My barber took a walk-in customer while I was waiting for him to take me. Apparently, he didn't realize I was there for him and the walk-in guy made himself comfortable in the chair while my barber was cashing out the customer he had been working on. I let it go and decided to say something after he was done with the walk-in guy because there was nobody else waiting at that point. But my barber got all chatty with him and then four people walked in the door, including a guy with a kid, who my barber took after he finally finished with the walk-in customer. I walked out while giving him a WTF? look and drove across the street to a Wawa for some coffee. About 10 minutes later, I called back and got everything taken care of...so my hair is REALLY short now. Actually, you could say I don't have hair on top of my head right now...but it'll be back before you know it.

The other "beach-y" part of this weekend? I'm going tonight to a show featuring my friend, Christian Beach, and Michael Ferentino at SICA in Long Branch, N.J. More about the show can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home