Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney accepts blame for shooting...finally

Dick, Dick, Dick...all you had to do was say this Saturday night, or even Sunday morning, and it would have saved myself and scores of other bloggers a lot of time and typing.
"Ultimately, I'm the guy who pulled the trigger that fired the round that hit Harry [Whittington]," Cheney said in an interview with Fox News, adding that Saturday was "one of the worst days of my life."

"You can talk about all of the other conditions that existed at the time, but that's the bottom line.

"It was not Harry's fault. You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend. It's a day I'll never forget."

It's nice to see Cheney accepting the blame for something...Satan must be awfully chilly right now.

Holy crap! Time out...I need to go off-topic for a moment. I just noticed a HUUUUGGGGEEE mistake in the CNN.com story. Get a load of this:
The situation has been worsened, some said, by the fact that Steve Schmidt, who was Cheney's senior counselor and was in charge of media strategy, left last week to manage California Gov. Arnold Schwarz's election campaign.

SCHWARZ?!?! Of course, I'm sure CNN.com will correct it--probably by the time I actually post this. Trust me, though, it really does/did say that.

OK...back to Cheney...he still totally screwed this up. But what am I talking about? If there is one thing this administration excels at, it's screwing things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home