Saturday, January 21, 2006

Just a quick update on my health

Apparently, I'm completely fine...and since around the time I first saw the cardiologist on Dec. 23, I haven't really had any of the chest pains I first experienced Nov. 18 (I remember the date because it first happened while I was at a Rider basketball game).

I had a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist Friday and -- after two hours in the office's waiting room -- he told me all my tests and exams came back normal. He wants me to go back to my regular doctor -- the one who quickly had me concerned about heart disease -- so he can find a cause for the pain, but since I'm not experiencing it anymore I'm not sure how I'm supposed to approach it. I mean, do I walk in and say, "Well, doc, I'm fine...cure me?"

But my cardiologist wants me to follow through with it so I guess I have to make the appointment. Yeah.

Oh, just before leaving for another patient, the cardiologist asked me a question I didn't want to hear: "Do you drink a lot of coffee?"

Crap.

Of course, the answer to that is "yes." I have been trying to keep it to just two cups a day since this all started, but if I have to completely give up coffee, I might as well just let my heart rot away.

And decaf just won't help either...please, what the hell is the point of decaf?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home