Friday, July 01, 2005

Goin' to Philly for 8...and the 4th

Well, I have made up my mind. I'm going down to the Parkway in Philly for at least the first two or three hours of Live 8...just to say I was there. As soon as I leave work today, I'm going to go to the nearest SEPTA station and buy my special $8 Live 8 day pass so I can get around the city by rail (actually, since there are no tickets for the event, I guess that will be a nice keepsake).

I will try to put up some mobile photo and audio posts here so I can record some of the event online.

I also plan on going to the big Elton John concert on Monday night, also on the Parkway. I figure hearing Elton perform "Philadelphia Freedom" in Philadelphia on the Fourth of July is a musical moment I should experience firsthand.

But first...I'm going to watch fireworks after tonight's Braves-Phillies game at Citizens Bank Park (ugh...the Phils are probably going to get their asses kicked again). There are supposed to be some nasty thunderstorms moving through the area this afternoon and evening, though. Maybe a bolt of lightning will just wipe out the Phillies, the Braves can win by forfeit and the fireworks can go off early.

Hey...I know that's cruel, but I'm really pissed off at the Phils for the way they're playing right now. It's embarrassing...and then they are going to embarrass themselves again in front of a national audience when they play Sunday night on ESPN.

But the Phillies always put together a nice fireworks show...even as the team strives for perennial mediocrity. : (

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home